ORAL CARE TIPS
For a Cleaner, Healthier Mouth
A WHOLE MOUTH CLEAN™ IS AS EASY AS 1.BRUSHING + 2.FLOSSING + 3™.RINSING
You know the drill. You brush twice a day, you floss (some of the time), and you rinse—but occasionally you forget. You do many of the things you know are good for a healthy mouth. But you can do better! All it takes are small changes to your routine.
Here are a few other simple oral care tips you can do to get a healthier mouth:
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months. Sooner if the bristles are frayed. A worn toothbrush won't do as good job of cleaning your teeth. Keep a few extra toothbrushes, like REACH® TOTAL CARE Multi-Action, on hand so you can easily swap the old for the new.
- Visit your dentist twice a year for professional cleanings and oral exams. The more you go, the healthier your mouth will be–and those visits will seem less daunting.
- Keep your bottle of LISTERINE® Antiseptic in a visible spot* in the bathroom so you don't forget to rinse. Rinsing with LISTERINE® twice a day was shown in a clinical study to help reduce 52% more plaque and 21% more gingivitis than brushing and flossing alone. That's important when you consider that the majority of adult Americans get gingivitis in their lives–and don't even know it.
- Limit foods that are high in sugar. If you do give in to your sweet tooth, eat sugary foods with meals. Your mouth produces more saliva during meals, which helps neutralize acid production and rinses food particles from your mouth.
- Limit between-meal snacks. You know the ones. They call to you from the vending machine. If you indulge, chew sugarless gum afterward. It increases saliva flow and helps wash out food and acid that causes tooth decay.
- Maintain a healthy oral care routine. Make it a goal this week to brush and rinse twice in one day, and floss once. We'll bet that extra 30 seconds of swishing will make your mouth so clean and healthy you'll love the feeling. So you'll do it again the next day.
And a healthier body:
- Exercise regularly, in addition to maintaining a healthy oral care routine. LISTERINE® Antiseptic can help keep your mouth fit. Fit in workouts when you can to keep your body fit, too.
- Eat a balanced diet, rich in fruits, vegetables, and protein. Avoiding those sugary foods isn't just good for your teeth, it's good for your health.
* Keep out of reach of children.