HEALTHIER MOUTHS, HEALTHIER PLANET
We envision a world where everyone, everywhere recognizes that a healthy mouth is an important part of a healthy self. When we say we’re committed to helping you achieve the best oral care, we’re also making a commitment to do it in a responsible, sustainable way that will help protect our planet.
We fill our bottles with carefully chosen and high-quality ingredients, backed by science.
- COOL MINT® Mouthwash flavor oil contains 30% mints that are traceable all the way to their original farmers
- Our LISTERINE® Essential Oils are inspired by nature
- Our mouthwashes are free from parabens and triclosan
- Our clear Listerine bottles are made of the most recycled plastic material in the world, and our clear PET bottles are recyclable in most markets.
- To recycle caps, keep them ON the bottle when recycling to avoid having them end up in the environment.
- We’re striving for 100% certified, post-consumer recycled paper and pulp packaging by 2025
- We will begin launching packaging with post-consumer plastic (PCR) in 2022 with an aspiration to get to 100% by 2030
We continuously strive to reduce packaging waste, using more recyclable, recycled and renewable materials.
We are focused on innovative solutions to reduce greenhouse emissions, increase energy and water efficiency, and conserve our environmental resources.
- Our Cool Mint® mouthwash flavor oils contain a combination of premium and patented mint which needs less water and energy to grow
- We’re part of the Johnson & Johnson mission to source 100% of the electricity powering our operations from renewable sources
- Already, 30% is produced or procured from renewable energy sources, and J&J is on track to exceed our 2020 goal
- As of 2019, J&J has reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 32% vs a 20% goal
Our commitment to making a difference extends beyond LISTERINE®. Learn how our parent company, Johnson & Johnson, is taking action to make the planet healthier.