HEALTHIER MOUTHS, HEALTHIER PLANET
We envision a world where everyone, everywhere recognizes that a healthy mouth is an important part of a healthy self. When we say we’re committed to helping you achieve the best oral care, we’re also making a commitment to do it in a responsible, sustainable way that will help protect our planet.
We continuously strive to reduce packaging waste, using more recyclable and recycled materials.
- Our clear Listerine bottles are made of the most recycled plastic material in the world, and our clear PET bottles are recyclable in most markets.
- To help recycle caps, keep them ON the bottle when recycling to avoid having them end up in the environment.
- We plan to begin launching packaging with post-consumer plastic (PCR) in 2022 or 2023 with an aspiration to get to 100% by 2030.
- Our LISTERINE® Concentrate Refills uses 60% less plastic than the 500mL bottle. Yet another step towards our goal of achieving healthier mouths on a healthier planet.
We fill our bottles with carefully chosen and high-quality ingredients, backed by science.
- Up to 30% of the mints in our COOL MINT® flavor oil are traceable all the way to their original farmers
- Our LISTERINE® Essential Oils are inspired by nature
- Our mouthwashes are free from parabens and triclosan
We are focused on innovative solutions to reduce greenhouse emissions, increase energy and water efficiency, and conserve our environmental resources.
- In 2021, 69% of the electricity used at our main plant in Lititz, PA was produced or procured from renewable energy sources. Our goal is to source 100% of the electricity powering our operations at that plant by 2025.
- Our main plant in Lititz, PA has reduced their CO2 emissions by 23% since 2016 by implementing energy efficiency projects and purchasing renewable energy.